The year 2020 has been a profound one. We have witnessed upheavals and crazy situations as never seen before in the country.
The COVID-19 pandemic with the attendant shutdowns have been devastating to many businesses, with many shutting down completely. The worker layoffs have spared almost no industry or sector.
The #ENDSARS protests have brought a lot of uncertainty, looting and destruction around the country. What if another protest or more shutdowns occur! How will you cope either domestically or officially?
We have outlined some safety tips and proactive ideas to stay safe at all times
- Avoid late night movements. There are visibly less police men on the streets and this is especially pronounced at night. Best to conduct all activities during the day and avoid late night movements, especially in hot spots around key cities.
- Always stay up to date with daily news on radio and even social media. In particular, social media is so fast with real time news and updates to guide you on flash points and areas to avoid.
- Try and stock up on some essential food items, fuel and water. Shutdowns and curfews can be so sudden that you might not have enough time to rush into the mall or market to stock up.
- Stock up on over the counter commonly used pharmaceuticals. It can be a big pain trying to get to a pharmacy in an emergency.
- Avoid crowded areas and traffic spots. A lot of crime occurs in slow moving traffic. Avoid if you can.
- Prioritize remote working for your staff. If it is possible, please make this happen and keep everyone safe.
- Shop online. Use online marketplaces like www.2dotsmarket.com to look up items, perform price comparisons and make orders. Most online retailers will deliver to you in Nigeria.
image courtesy: www.reuters.com