We are at 2DotsMarket have been doing some market research, and have come up with a short list of key food items that every home should endeavor to stock up on during uncertain times
- Rice: This is a staple food in most Nigerian households. There is currently an embargo on imported rice and so local varieties must be given consideration because of availability and pricing
- Garri: This cassava derivative is usually made into a paste and eaten with different types of soups. It is a key food item in nationwide.
- Beans: There are several varieties of beans available in Nigeria. Some of the most popular ones include brown and white beans.
- Yams: Yams are primarily grown in the middle belt of Nigeria. It is essential to stock up on yam tubers or yam flour which is used to make pounded yam
- Plantains: Plantains are rich sources of iron when green. They can be used for several dishes popular around the country.
- Eggs: Eggs are key breakfast items in Nigeria. They are also used for baking
- Cooking Oil: Essentially Palm Oil and Vegetable Oil. These are rich sources of Vitamins E & A. They are used for preparing many kinds of dishes including soups, stews, deep fried foods and many off the shelves snacks
- Fish / Meat: Fish and meat are essentials for any household. They can be fire-dried to store easily, and still maintain their freshness and taste.
- Spices: They give added flavor to our cooking and every kitchen should have them to complete any cooking plan
- Noodles: These are fairly new introductions in the Nigerian market. They have essentially assumed stapled food status in some households.
Share this post