As a result of the movement restrictions, people are becoming less active, and adding certain foods to our diets will help us stay healthy. With the lockdown and restriction of movements around the world, we have become less active. The addition of certain foods and fruits to our diets will help us boost our immune systems and stay healthy.
Here are 5 reasons to eat watermelon:
1. For athletes and fitness buffs, drinking watermelon juice before working out helps reduce muscle soreness and promotes a healthy heart rate. This is due to the amino acids (citrulline and arginine) present in watermelon
2. Watermelons are a very good source of Vitamins A and C, which are essential for healthy skin and eyes.
3. A study by the American National Cancer Institute (www.cancer.gov), has shown that watermelon helps reduce risk of prostate cancer, because of the active component, Lycopene.
4. The active component in watermelon, Lycopene, protects cells from damage and lowers the risk of heart disease.
5. Lycopene in watermelon also acts as an anti-inflammatory especially for people suffering from Arthritis. This helps boost their immune systems.