Not having a gym membership in your estate gym or movement has restricted you from accessing a nearby gym center? Here’s a few home workouts that can help keep the body in top shape.
1) Jump Rope – The good news is that you don’t necessarily have to buy a skipping rope as any rope at home can be used. If you want a good cardio workout in a matter of minutes, try a jump rope. It can be fun when the family gets to join in.
2) On the Spot Jogging: The technique here is to jog without leaving the spot. It’s a low budget treadmill exercise to burn calories and stay in shape.
3) Stair Stepping: Stair stepping is a great exercise to do in your home, even if you don’t have a set of stairs available. You can use a medium stool placed against the wall and step up and down with it. You may not work up a sweat like you would with a jump rope or on the spot jogging but you will be keeping your body active and healthy.
4) Plank – If building your core muscles and rock hard abs is your dream, this is the exercise for you. Get into a push-up position, but instead of bending your arms and moving down towards the floor, hold the position with your arms extended. Start off holding the position for 30 seconds, and add an additional 10 seconds every day. See how long you can go for – it’s definitely not easy! It may be a challenging exercise, but it’s also one of the best for your core and abs.
5) High Knees – Why run in place when high knees can do a better job of pumping your heart especially if you go double time. To do this exercise, march in place or down a hall, and bring your knees as high as they can go.
6) Cleaning – Did I see a squeezed face? Cleaning can be very physical, especially vacuuming and mopping. Days when you can’t workout, set up a house cleaning schedule and clean your house instead. You might as well kill two birds with one stone!
7) Jumping Jacks – This offers a great cardio workout. When you are watching a TV show, get up during the commercials and do a round of jumping jacks.
8) Squats – It helps you get in better shape when included in daily workout plan. Strengthens lower body muscles for men and it can be done in many variations.
9) Lunges – Why walk down from your room to the sitting room when you can just lunge-walk. It is a very good work out on the core that helps you strengthen your lower body and mobility in your hips. You better not be lunge walking to the kitchen.
10) Dancing – Its party time, I saved the best for the last. Dancing is an excellent way to burn calories, and get your heart rate going while having fun. If you are in the privacy of your own home, there is no need to look like a pro or impress anyone. Time to dance away to your party jams.